13th-14th December, Sofia, Bulgaria
Co-event: The Third Workshop on Annotation of Corpora for Research in the Humanities
Sponsors: Ministry of Education and Science; Ontotext AD
The venue will be at the Sofia University „St. Kliment Ohridski“. A plan on the building is given here. The two entrances are marked by red arrows.
Accommodation and Information about Sofia
TLT serves as a venue for new and ongoing research on the topic of linguistics and treebanks. The 12th edition of TLT will take place in Sofia, Bulgaria on December 13-14, 2013, and will be hosted by the BulTreeBank Group.
TLT started its first edition in 2002 in Sozopol, Bulgaria. Now its 12th edition comes back to Bulgaria again! For more than 10 years now TLT has served as a venue for new and ongoing high-quality work related to syntactically-annotated corpora, i.e., treebanks; with a focus on all the aspects of treebanking – descriptive, theoretical, formal and computational – but also going beyond treebanks, including other levels of annotation such as frame semantics, coreference, or events, to name only a few.
Submissions are invited for papers, posters, and demonstrations which present research on treebanks and their intersection with linguistics, natural language processing, and other related fields.
Workshop Motivation and Aims
Treebanks have proved to be crucial resources for very important NLP applications, such as MT and information extraction, as well as supporting resources for various NLP tasks, such as high-quality parsing and POS tagging. More recent trends in treebank related research includes, but is not restricted to the following areas:
- annotating deep syntactic information
- converting into deeper formats, often also adding information automatically
- multilingual and crosslingual treebanking
- enriching treebanks with additional layers of linguistic annotation as well as world knowledge
- dynamic treebanking involving a close connection between parsing and manual annotation
- designing web services for diverse treebanks
- mapping syntactic and semantic knowledge to Linked Open Data information (LOD)
This series of workshops aims to provide a forum for researchers and advanced students working in these areas.
The workshop invites submissions that discuss relevant innovative work in treebanking, including the relations and links between various aspects of morphological, syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic annotation; furthermore, submissions describing work on parallel treebanks and/or cross-language annotation schemas, on the relation between linguistic theory and the practice of annotation, and on applications of information in treebanks are encouraged as well.
The areas of interest for this workshop include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- design principles and annotation schemes for treebanks
- linguistic theory and the practice of annotation
- applications of treebanks in acquiring linguistic knowledge and in NLP
- the role of linguistic theories in treebank development
- treebanks as a basis for linguistic research
- annotated beyond treebanks
- evaluation and quality control of treebanks
- tools for creation and management of treebanks
- treebanks of less-resourced languages
- theories, schemas, and applications for parallel treebanks
- standards for treebanks
- creation of large treebanks
- mapping of treebanks to Linked Open Data resources
- using Treebanks in Analysis and Generation tasks
- domain-specific treebanks
- the future of treebanks and treebanking
- Stefanie Dipper (University of Bochum, Germany)
Antonio Branco (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Submission deadline: September 22 (Sunday)
- Notification: October 25 (Friday)
- Final submission: November 17 (Sunday)
- Camera-ready proceed.: November 25 (Monday)
- Workshops: December 12-14
- Sandra Kübler, Indiana University, USA (co-chair)
- Petya Osenova, Sofia University, Bulgaria (co-chair)
- Martin Volk, University of Zurich, Switzerland (co-chair)
- Yvonne Adesam, Gothenburg University, Sweden
- Eckhard Bick, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Johan Bos, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- António Branco, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Koenraad De Smedt, Bergen University, Norway
- Markus Dickinson, Indiana University, USA
- Stefanie Dipper, Bochum University, Germany
- Dan Flickinger, Stanford University, USA
- Georgi Georgiev, Ontotext, Bulgaria
- Anne Göhring, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Eva Hajičová, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Iris Hendrickx, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Erhard Hinrichs, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- Valia Kordoni, Humboldt University, Germany
- Amalia Mendes, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Detmar Meurers, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- Yusuke Miyao, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kaili Muurisep, Tartu University, Estonia
- Kemal Oflazer, Carnegie Mellon University, Qatar
- Sebastian Padó, Heidelberg University, Germany
- Marco Passarotti, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Italy
- Kiril Simov, IICT-BAS, Bulgaria
- Adam Przepiórkowski,Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Victoria Rosén, Bergen University, Norway
- Caroline Sporleder, Saarland University, Germany
- Manfred Stede, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Gertjan van Noord, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Heike Zinsmeister, Stuttgart University, Germany
Local Organization Committee
- Petya Osenova (Sofia University)
- Kiril Simov (IICT-BAS)
- Stanislava Kancheva (Sofia University)
- Georgi Georgiev (Ontotext)
- Borislav Popov (Ontotext)
For information on this workshop please contact petya at bultreebank org.
Previous editions of TLT
TLT11: The Eleventh International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, November 30 – December 1, 2012, Lisbon, Portugal.
TLT10: The Tenth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, 6-7 January, 2012, Heidelberg, Germany.
TLT9: The Nineth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, 3-4 December 2010, University of Tartu, Estonia.
TLT8: The Eigth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, 4-5 December 2009, Milan, Italy.
TLT7: The Seventh International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, Groningen, NL.
TLT6: The Sixth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, December 7–8, 2007 in Bergen, Norway.
TLT5: The Fifth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, December 1-2, 2006, Prague, Czech Republic.
TLT4: The Forth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, December 9-10, 2005, Barcelona, Spain.
TLT3: The Third Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, 10-11 December 2004, Tübingen, Germany.
TLT2: The Second Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, 14-15 November 2003, Vaxjo, Sweden.
TLT1: The First Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories, 20-21 September 2002, Sozopol, Bulgaria.